This post was originally titled “coming soon” The wait is over.
See: http://naviotab.com and below see our waterproof demo video
The NavioTab and NavioTab+ marine-ready waterproof (IPX5/7) Android chartplotter navigation tablets will be announced at CES 2013.
Both the NAVIOTAB and the NAVIOTAB+ will ship shortly after CES.
The NAVIOTAB is loaded with features that make it not only a useful tool, but a great bargain as well.
- 8″ Android 4.0 based waterproof tablet with HD 1024×768 pixel display, and all apps/data installed, configured, tested
- Tablet is fully dust/dirt proof and waterproof – IP57 rated protection from the elements
- All applications and chart data preinstalled and ready to run – powers up in chart plotter mode
- Main touchscreen menu for easy one-touch applications selection
- Applications are intuitive and have a short learning curve
- Built in real-time built in GPS receiver/antenna with tracking and route mapping on marine charts as you move
- Bright LED backlit LCD display is sunlight readable and easy on power consumption
- Controllable dimming – set manually or let it automatically adjust to ambient brightness
- Real time speed and heading direction display derived from GPS data
- Award winning NAVIONICS vector marine and lake charts included for the USA, remain resident on the Tablet and function without mobile coverage.
- Includes 18,000 inland lakes, most navigable rivers, and coastal areas of continental USA.
- Free program and map data updates for the life of the product.
- Built in 5 megapixel camera takes pictures of those best catches to give you bragging rights, then log the photo at a GPS marker on the map to remember that fishing hole.
- Create and edit routes based on your cruising speed and fuel consumption. Record and view your tracks. Capture pictures (geo-tagged) along the way to create a virtual adventure log of your entire trip.
- Wind & tides* gives you a snapshot of your favorite locations including tides, currents, wind, sun/moon cycle
- The largest database of marine POI’s, including marinas/services/gas, launch ramps/docks, and water accessible restaurants
- Route planning, route tracking, waypoints & markers
- Syncing of data (automatically syncs your markers, tracks and routes among all your devices)
- Measurement tool allows you to get distance to a destination from your current position
- Check tides & currents and wind forecasts at your current location*
- Live Google and Bing Satellite overlay maps on charts*
- Plotter data sync (syncing of data with select chart plotters via Wi-Fi)
- Share your tracks, routes, geo-tagged pictures on Facebook, Twitter or via email and view them on your computer!
- Built in digital compass sensor and marine compass application showing heading, true and magnetic north
- Built in weather radar display system using free NOAA NEXRAD network data for US coastal and inland lake weather radar displays helps keep you safe on the water*
- Use the built in Android web browser and email to keep up with home of office*
- The NAVIOTAB can be used at home or office just like any other tablet, just use the carry case to take it with you when you are ready to go fishing or boating
- Built in 3G and 4G cellular Internet data compatibility for live updates of weather and other data (not required to run marine chart plotter function) simply activate at your nearest AT&T store. Can also work with Wi-Fi hotspots in 3G/4G cell phones or USB tethering
- Includes adjustable quick release marine-ready suction cup dash mount, 12 volt power connector in a cigarette lighter to USB socket, USB power and data cable, USB power charger for 120VAC, 5 screen protector films, 5 cleaning cloths, and water resistant carrying case
- NAVIOTAB runs on marine 12 volt power systems (with included USB adapter), internal battery, or AC charger
- Works with DEEPER Android based fish finder App and transducer **
*Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G cellular Internet data account/connection required for these features to operate live. The NAVIOTAB will also work with a regular cell phone running a Wife Internet hotspot or connected via USB tethering.
**DEEPER Fish finder transducer sold separately by BuyDeeper.com
Waterproof demo video:
More at: http://naviotab.com